Thursday, March 2, 2023

My Top 5 News Sources


One of my top sources is WCVB which is Boston's News Leader. I have their app downloaded on my phone which gives me easy access to see all of the latest news. The reason why I like this source so much is that it gives me local news and stories but it also covers a lot of different things. I can click on all of the tabs and it has so many topics to choose from. They have 5 Alert Traffic, National News, Politics, Health, Money, Sports, etc. They have all of the information you need in one place which I like. This is an example of something that I like to read about on their app. This man from Plainville, MA which is just a town over from me was struck by a vehicle Man Struck by Vehicle. But then it also shares the latest stories on health care and everything you need to know about that, Health Care. These are just a couple examples of how WCVB has such a variety of information to read from. 



Another source I use is Fox News. I use this News source because it is sided more on the Conservative side of things which is where I like to gather some of my information from. I am not a huge News watcher but my parents sometimes have it on at home. I like going to Fox News to see a different perspective on things and I usually go here for anything political and to read about the latest stories. This is also a news source that I feel like I am able to trust more than others. One of the more popular news headlines lately is about the Murdaugh's Murder Case and this would be a source that I would rely on for that information. 



In the Sports world, I like to get my information from ESPN. This source has all the information you need on sports. I am someone who loves sports and has ever since I was little. ESPN also allows me to watch games live on their app or online. I also use their app to check the scores of live games, I really like this factor that they have because it allows me to stay up to date with the games. It covers everything and anything about Professional or College sports. But it also covers the PGA and UFC, etc which is really helpful. I enjoy ESPN because it is very convenient for me to look in one place for anything about sports.



The Daily Wire is another News source that I go to. I follow their account on TikTok and they share short clips of Conservative news, opinions, and entertainment. I love watching their videos because they're pretty entertaining but also informative. Candace Owens is part of the Daily Wire team and she is a very educated women and I like to hear her perspective on topics. She is also someone who I share some opinions with and in my opinion she is a trusting source. If I want to learn more about what they are talking about in one of the TikTok's I just go to there website to learn more about it. It is really convenient and gives me easy access to find information. This is an example of what I was talking about, this TikTok is Candace Owens talking about Teen Girls lives and she shares some interesting statistics. 



My final source is through my friends and family. I am not one to sit down and watch the news but I will if it is already on the tv. My mom and sister are more involved in the latest news and topics than I am. So when they mention or talk to me about it I will then go on my own to read more about it if it interest me. These are people that share the same values and views as I do so I trust the information that they are telling me and they like to keep me informed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #12

 My Relationship with Technology     Technology is a huge part of our lives.   A lot of people think that technology and social media is a g...