Thursday, March 30, 2023

Blog #6

 Antiwar Voices 

People speaking about Antiwar is not something you hear every day because the Government does not want you to hear about it. There are many websites that have strong voices and opinions that should be a lot more popular than they are. I think you really have to search hard for these voices because the Government doesn't want you to see them and side with them. The mainstream news doesn't show these voices because of the possible side effects it could lead to. 

I have heard of The American Conservative before from my sister and I think she may have seen something on Instagram from them and then looked into it. But it is definitely not something I see and hear about every day and that also goes for the Anti-War website. I have never heard of or seen the Anti-War website and it has a lot of good information posted there too. 

One headline that stuck out to me on the Anti-War website was about TikTok, China, and data privacy. The article shared how American lawmakers were sharing concerns about China and TikTok but at the same time, United States social media platforms are consuming just as much data. This is a side of this topic where this is my first time hearing about it. And this is something everyone needs to read about but they won't because it is not on a head Newsline. 

Another topic I have not heard about is how Country music is now political and the article shares some really interesting and different thoughts. The article talks about how country music is not how it used to be, "This is not the first time country music has gone dark. In fact, unlike most of its radio hits of the last several decades, the subgenres of folk and blues from which country music sprung are known for dealing with such heavy topics." I actually really enjoyed reading this article and I learned a lot from it. 

These websites share real, hard facts that some American people do not want to hear but need to hear. It will turn people's perspectives on certain topics. It will also open them up to actually seeing the real issue. These are the websites that need to be published more but they won't be and that is an issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #12

 My Relationship with Technology     Technology is a huge part of our lives.   A lot of people think that technology and social media is a g...